Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11

9-11.

Isn't it amazing that sometimes it just takes three digits stop you cold.

I seem to forget, in the business of life, that just being here, under one roof with the husband and children I love, is a blessing, the biggest blessing. See, DH and I, like all couples, have had rough patches and I am so thankful that none of those rough patches ever wore through the fabric of our marriage. Thank goodness He knows my heart because I could never put into words how thankful I am to Him for blessing me with this family.

DH and I will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the day we met this weekend. It is almost more that my brain can wrap around, especially considering all that has happened, all the changes we've seen. I think it's safe to say that those who knew us separately before we met would see massive changes in the people we've become and I hope that they would say they are mostly good. I know I'm a better woman because of the man my husband is and I'd never have been able to change in this way, had the Lord not decided to send DH and I on the same path.

My children. I don't know what I have done in this life that I deserve them but I thank God daily that He chose me to be their mother.

Talking about my own family reminds me of others that I don't know, families I've never met. I know that other families were shattered that day in New York, across the nation and around the world and my heart goes out to them. I will never forget. Never.

I also know that that day was the beginning of a war that we are still fighting and my thoughts and prayers are with those who have been fighting that fight and who will continue to fight it.

To those people: I want you to know that I am thankful for you. I am grateful that God gave you the courage, love and conviction to fight for America, to protect me, my children and freedom.

The anniversary of 9-11 stirred something in most people. My facebook page, for example, is full of people talking about how they heard the news, how they reacted and their opinions on the actions of the government in the years since. I know that there are plenty of bloggers out there telling their own stories, as well.

There are many opinions on how to best honor those who died that day. I don't know which one is the right one. I only know that I will honor those people, and those who've died since in this war, by living, by being grateful, by thanking God for what He's given me and by remembering.

Until tomorrow, enjoy today!

Love from Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment