Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day, 2009

The weather here has been beautiful today! It's not too warm (and showing signs of cooling down--thank God for autumn), just a little breezy, the sun is shining and the birds are singing.

Would you like to know how I spent my day?

I was held hostage by a book! Not a great work of literary fiction, mind you, just a bit of chick lit, but I was so into it, I didn't even think about moving outside. I just had to finish it, you know?

Anyway, needless to say, I didn't accomplish that much today but I did make a pretty impressively large apple pie last night. Holy moley, was it big! The recipe called for 4 pounds of apples! Because we'd been to Murray Family Farm on Saturday, I had more than enough apples to do the job.

A normal pie tin would never have held this behemoth. I had to bake it in a spring form pan. Let me know if you'd like the recipe!

**I actually tried to upload a picture of the beast but something is horrible wrong with my computer and it's not allowing me to do it. I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh, and did you notice that in yesterday's blog I used the word "treat" three times in the same paragraph? No, I didn't proofread it, obviously. Oh well, I may have pledged to put a new blog up every day but I never promised they'd be good!

And, yes, I did finish the book.

Until tomorrow, enjoy today!

Love from Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment