Saturday, September 5, 2009

First time...again

I seem to have been flitting around for so long now. I'm trying to find a sturdy branch to land on. There are so many incredibly beautiful blogs, both funny and inspiring, that it's a little daunting to be doing this again but, I'll do my very best.

Here are my goals:

  1. Publish one blog, every single day. (This is lofty for me but I'm committed now.)
  2. Publish one new recipe, every week. (I will try to make them original recipes but there are those out there that are simply to wonderful not to share. I'll be sharing those delightful treats as I find them.)
  3. Publish one new sewing project, every week. (Ooh, another tough one, but as I like to say, if it's not a little bit difficult, or a little bit scary, it wouldn't be exciting.)

Whew! Sounds tough but, well, it'll be fun, I know it.

For now, I'm going to leave you with a few of my favorite photos of the past few years and I'll be back tomorrow with a wonderful, super simple recipe for my Tuscan White Bean Soup.

This is a path through on of the many parks in the Czech Republic capitol of Prague. What a glorious city! One day, I'll tell you all about my visit but for now, enjoy this little bit of peace that is taste of what you'd find strolling through the green corridors of the city's parks.

A fishing boat, already in with the days catch, anchored in the small bay by Playa Hermosa in Costa Rica. There are actually two Playa Hermosas in CR. One is world reknowned for it's great surfing. The other, the one I visited, is just north of Playa del Coco and is a very quiet, very serene place to visit. The seafood, by the way, is mouthwatering.

Some boys jumping off of the rocks around a natural swimming hole. We biked for just ten minutes or so from La Fortuna to find this locals spot. The water was so beautiful, like liquid crystal...and, no, I didn't jump of of the cliffs. I left that to the professionals.

A bridge through the jungle near Volcan Arenal, near the village of La Fortuna in Costa Rica. In order to see the volcano erupt, which it does nightly, we had to drive and then hike a bit through the jungle. I have never tasted air so sweet and the eruption was so beautiful, we went back again the next night.

My darling daughter at White Sands National Monument in New Mexico. I just love family trips and this photo is from one of my favorites, a road trip I took with my children through a small slice of the American Southwest. We saw family, took a tour of a UFO museum and got to visit White Sands, a favorite destination of mine from childhood. The sight of all of those white gypsom sand dunes going on for miles and miles is really beyond belief. One day, I'll tell you all about the "alien" museum!

Until tomorrow, enjoy today!

With love from Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment