Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Attack of the giant apple pie!

So, here they are, the pictures I promised you of that giant pie. I know you've all been on pins and needles! :)

For the record, we still have tons left, even after I tried to make a dent in it with the gigantic piece I tried to eat for dessert. The recipe was pretty simple, just your average pie, tripled, but peeling 4 pounds of apples stunk. I think I'll only make this guy for special occasions, or if we go back to the farm!

the "arty" photo
the juices puddled up after I pulled off the spring form, perfect for slurping up with extra crust!

So, new news is that I have finally figured out the steps I need to take to get a temporary sellers permit so that I can be a part of the craft fair at the Riverwalk in October. I've been sewing up a storm to get ready for the fair at the kids' school but I wanted to be part of the event at the park. It just sounds like a nice day, don't you think?

I've been making a lot of aprons and I think I'll also do other sewn items, like pot holders and coasters, moppines, just things I like doing and that are useful in my favorite room of the house, the kitchen. I want to get a few more made and I'll take some pictures so you all can see what I've been up to in my cave, er, sewing corner.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have something more interesting for you to read but...

Until tomorrow, enjoy today!

Love from Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment